Math Formula Sheet, Examples, Problems and Worksheets Free pdf Download
In this section there are wide range of Math Formula Sheets, thousands of mathematics problems, examples and questions with solutions and detailed explanations are included to help you explore and gain deep understanding of math, pre-algebra, algebra, pre-calculus, calculus, functions, quadratic equations, logarithms, exponents, trigonometry and geometry etc.
Topic wise Free pdf Downloads of Math Formula Sheet, Examples, Problems and Worksheets in Mathematics.
1. Sets Theory and Relations
Sets and their representation; Union, intersection and complement of sets and their algebraic properties; Power set; Relation, Types of relations, equivalence relations.
Click Here to Download Set Theory Formula Sheet
Click Here to Download Logarithm & Exponent Formula Sheet
3. Complex Numbers and its application
Complex numbers as ordered pairs of reals, Representation of complex numbers in the form a+ib and their representation in a plane, Argand diagram, algebra of complex numbers, modulus and argument (or amplitude) of a complex number, square root of a complex number, triangle inequality.
Click Here to Download Complex Numbers Formula Sheet
4. Quadratic Equations and Inequations
Quadratic equations in real and complex number system and their solutions. Relation between roots and co-efficient, nature of roots, formation of quadratic equations with given roots.
Click Here to Download Quadratic Equations Formula Sheet
5. Sequence and Series (Progression)
Arithmetic and Geometric progressions, insertion of arithmetic, geometric means between two given numbers. Relation between A.M. and G.M. Sum upto n terms of special series: Sn, Sn2, Sn3. Arithmetico – Geometric progression.
Click Here to Download Progression Formula Sheet
6.Permutations and Combinations
Fundamental principle of counting, permutation as an arrangement and combination as selection, Meaning of P (n,r) and C (n,r), simple applications.
Click Here to Download Permutation & Combination Formula Sheet
7.Binomial Theorem and Mathematical Induction
Binomial theorem for a positive integral index, general term and middle term, properties of Binomial coefficients and simple applications. Mathematical Induction, Principle of Mathematical Induction and its simple applications.
Click Here to Download Binomial Formula Sheet
Probability of an event, addition and multiplication theorems of probability, Baye’s theorem, probability distribution of a random variate, Bernoulli trials and Binomial distribution.
Click Here to Download Probability Formula Sheet
Trigonometrical identities and equations. Trigonometrical functions.
Click Here to Download Trigonometry Formula Sheet
Trigonometrical identities and equations. Trigonometrical functions. Inverse trigonometrical functions and their properties. Heights and Distances.
Click Here to Download Trigonometry Formula Sheet
11. Co-ordinate Geometry and Straight lines
Cartesian system of rectangular co-ordinates in a plane, distance formula, section formula, locus and its equation, translation of axes, slope of a line, parallel and perpendicular lines, intercepts of a line on the coordinate axes.
Various forms of equations of a line, intersection of lines, angles between two lines, conditions for concurrence of three lines, distance of a point from a line, equations of internal and external bisectors of angles between two lines, coordinates of centroid, orthocentre and circumcentre of a triangle, equation of family of lines passing through the point of intersection of two lines.
Click Here to Download Geometry Formula Sheet
12. Pair of Straight lines
Click Here to Download Pair of Straight Lines Formula Sheet
Standard form of equation of a circle, general form of the equation of a circle, its radius and center, equation of a circle when the end points of a diameter are given, points of intersection of a line and a circle with the center at the origin and condition for a line to be tangent to a circle, equation of the tangent.
Click Here to Download Circles Formula Sheet
14. Conic Sections (Parabola, Ellipse and Hyperbola)
Sections of cones, equations of conic sections (parabola, ellipse and hyperbola) in standard forms, condition for y = mx + c to be a tangent and point (s) of tangency.
Click Here to Download Conics Formula Sheet
15. Statistics and Measures of Dispersion
Calculation of mean, median, mode of grouped and ungrouped data. Calculation of standard deviation, variance and mean deviation for grouped and ungrouped data.
Click Here to Download Statistics Formula Sheet
16. Matrices and Determinants
Matrices, algebra of matrices, types of matrices, determinants and matrices of order two and three. Properties of determinants, evaluation of determinants, area of triangles using determinants. Adjoint and evaluation of inverse of a square matrix using determinants and elementary transformations, Test of consistency and solution of simultaneous linear equations in two or three variables using determinants and matrices.
Click Here to Download Matrices and Determinant Formula Sheet
17. Inverse Trigonometry
Inverse trigonometrical functions and their properties.
Click Here to Download Inverse Trigonometry Formula Sheet
18. Differential Calculus-1 (Function, Limit, Continuity and Differentiability)
Functions: one-one, into and onto functions, composition of functions. Real – valued functions, algebra of functions, polynomials, rational, trigonometric, logarithmic and exponential functions, inverse functions. Graphs of simple functions. Limits, continuity and differentiability.
Click Here to Download Calculus 1 Formula Sheet
19. Differential Calculus-2 (Derivatives and Application of Derivatives)
Differentiation of the sum, difference, product and quotient of two functions. Differentiation of trigonometric, inverse trigonometric, logarithmic, exponential, composite and implicit functions; derivatives of order upto two. Rolle’s and Lagrange’s Mean Value Theorems. Applications of derivatives: Rate of change of quantities, monotonic – increasing and decreasing functions, Maxima and minima of functions of one variable, tangents and normal.
Click Here to Download Calculus 2 Formula Sheet
20. Indefinite Integration (Integral Calculus-1)
Integral as an anti – derivative. Fundamental integrals involving algebraic, trigonometric, exponential and logarithmic functions. Integration by substitution, by parts and by partial fractions. Integration using trigonometric identities.
Click Here to Download Integral Calculus Formula Sheet
21. Definite Integral and Area Under Curves (Integral Calculus-2)
Evaluation of simple integrals of the type
Integral as limit of a sum. Fundamental Theorem of Calculus. Properties of definite integrals. Evaluation of definite integrals, determining areas of the regions bounded by simple curves in standard form.
Click Here to Download Integral Calculus Formula Sheet
22. Differential Equations
Ordinary differential equations, their order and degree. Formation of differential equations. Solution of differential equations by the method of separation of variables, solution of homogeneous and linear differential equations of different types.
Click Here to Download Differential Equations Formula Sheet
23. Vector Algebra
Vectors and scalars, addition of vectors, components of a vector in two dimensions and three-dimensional space, scalar and vector products, scalar and vector triple product.
Click Here to Download Vector Formula Sheet
24. 3D Geometry
Coordinates of a point in space, distance between two points, section formula, direction ratios and direction cosines, angle between two intersecting lines. Skew lines, the shortest distance between them and its equation. Equations of a line and a plane in different forms, intersection of a line and a plane, co-planar lines.
Click Here to Download 3D Geometry Formula Sheet
25. Mathematical Reasoning
Statements, logical operations and, or, implies, implied by, if and only if. Understanding of tautology, contradiction, converse and contrapositive.
Click Here to Download Mathematical Reasoning Formula Sheet
Basic Math Algebra, Pre-Algebra
Arithmetic, Roots and Powers, Factorization, Natural numbers, Integers, Rational expressions, Rules of evaluation of expressions, variable manipulation, Surds and Indices, Basic algebra formulas.
Topics of Pre-Calculus
1. The formal rules of algebra
2. Rational and irrational numbers, what is a rational number? Which numbers have rational square roots? The decimal representation of irrationals. What is a real number?
3. Functions, what is a function? The domain and the range. Functional notation. The argument. A function of a function.
4. Introduction to graphs, The graph of a function. Coordinate pairs of a function. The height of the curve at x.
5. Basic graphs, The constant function. The identity function. The absolute value function. The parabola. The square root function. The cubic function. The reciprocal function.
6. The vocabulary of polynomial functions Variables versus constants. Definition of a polynomial in x. The degree of a term and of a polynomial. The leading coefficient. The general form of a polynomial.
7. The roots, or zeros, of a polynomial. A polynomial equation. The roots of a polynomial. The x- and y-intercepts of a graph. The relationship between the roots and the x-intercepts.
8. The slope of a straight line. Definition of the slope. Positive and negative slope. A straight line has only one slope. “Same slope” and “parallel.” Perpendicular lines. The slope and one point specify a straight line.
9. Linear functions: The equation of a straight line. The equation of the first degree. The graph of a first-degree equation: a straight line. The slope-intercept form, and its proof.
10. Quadratics: Polynomials of the second degree. Quadratic equation: Solution by factoring. A double root. Quadratic inequalities. The sum and product of the roots.
11. Completing the square. Solving a quadratic equation by completing the square. The quadratic formula.
12. Synthetic division by x – a. The remainder theorem.
13. Roots of polynomials of degree greater than 2. The factor theorem. The fundamental theorem of algebra. The integer root theorem. Conjugate pairs.
14. Multiple roots. Point of inflection. Concave upward, concave downward.
15. Reflections of a graph. Reflection about the x-axis. Reflection about the y-axis. Reflection through the origin.
16. Symmetry of a graph. Symmetry with respect to the y-axis. Symmetry with respect to the origin. Test for symmetry. Odd and even functions.
17. Translations of a graph. Definition of a translation. The equation of a circle. The vertex of a parabola. Vertical stretches and shrinks.
18. Rational functions. Singularities. The reciprocal function. Horizontal and vertical asymptotes.
19. Inverse functions. Definition of inverses. Constructing the inverse. The graph of an inverse function.
20. Logarithms. The system of common logarithms. The system of natural logarithms. The three laws of logarithms. Change of base.
21. Logarithmic and exponential functions. Inverse relations. Exponential and logarithmic equations. Creating one logarithm from a sum.
22. Sigma notation for sums
24. Permutations and Combinations. The Fundamental Principle of Counting. Factorial representations.
25. The binomial theorem. Pascal’s triangle. Multiplication of sums. A proof of the binomial theorem.
26. Mathematical induction